New Features On CJRS Online Claim Service – update 12/5/20
Save and return option now added
In response to feedback from claimants using the service, HMRC have added a ‘save and return’ option. This means that you can now return to a partially completed claim, rather than having to do it all in one go.
HMRC GUIDANCE ON MAKING A CJRS CLAIM
Avoiding common mistakes
When you make a claim through CJRS, you should receive the funds within six working days after you apply, provided your claim matches records that HMRC hold for your PAYE scheme.
Making sure that you submit your claim correctly will reduce the chance of any delayed or wrong payments.
These steps should help keep the process as straight forward as possible:
- read the guidance before you apply, to find this go to GOV.UK and search for ‘Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’, there is a step-by-step guide to applying and a calculator
- check your employees are eligible, by looking at the guidance on GOV.UK
- check your calculations each time you submit a claim, in case any details have changed
- only submit one claim per pay period – you cannot submit another claim for overlapping periods; this means that in each claim you should include all furloughed employees paid during that period
- if you have missing National Insurance numbers for employees, do try and find them so it doesn’t delay your claim; if an employee doesn’t have a National Insurance number yet, you should contact HMRC in order to complete your claim; go to GOV.UK and search for ‘get help with the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme’ to find out how to contact us
- double check all the information in the claim before you submit it, including your bank details.
We understand that sometimes you might make an error in your claim, and HMRC are working on a process to enable you to amend a claim. In the meantime, please do not amend your next claim to reflect any errors that you may have made in a previous one, as this could delay payment. If HMRC spot an error then, where possible, they will contact you or your agent to correct the claim.
Contact us if you need any help
The Liric Team
See also as the PDF below: